Well, tomorrow I turn 50 years old. Whoo Hoo...I made it! With my undiagnosed Attention Deficit Disorder I think smart money was against it (insert joke here). My first thoughts are to say thank you to my Mom and Dad who have been such a great support through the years. And to my sweetheart Lori for the same reasons. I also want to thank all my family and friends. I think Ralph Waldo Emerson expressed it best when he said: "I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new". That's what I feel today: Thanksgiving.
To celebrate tomorrow I am going to climb Cascade Mountain in the Adirondack High Peaks region with Lori and three other friends (with a capital F for those of you who know what that means).
Last night I enjoyed seeing one of my all time favorite musicians and activists, Billy Bragg. Got to meet him and was pleased to see he was selling union made T-shirts for the reasonable price of $15. I don't know if you have been to concerts lately but the standard t-shirt price these days is about $35 bucks. Anyway...had a great time.
So what is the central thought I would like to share regarding my milestone B-Day? Take your pick, only one please:
1. Time goes fast so enjoy your family, friends, and all that life has to offer.
2. Alright! Made it to 50. Now I can just put it in neutral and coast to the finish line.
3. Have I always been in neutral?
4. Send me your credit card number and I promise not to charge any gift for myself that costs more that $25 and may ever consider supporting various charities other than myself.
5. We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time - T.S.Eliot